Volunteer with Nightline
We recruit volunteers all through the academic year, and training is at the beginning of each semester. Once you submit your application to us, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions or you want to get more involved, don’t hesitate to get in touch! Please contact [email protected]
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you have an interest in voluntary work?
- Do you enjoy meeting and working with new people?
Nightline is an SRC service run by students that provides a confidential information & listening telephone service to the student community at Glasgow University during the hours of 7pm – 7am.
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to an initial training session that demonstrates to volunteers different ways to apply active listening techniques.
- Volunteers must commit to do one shift per fortnight between the hours 7pm – 7am during term time. Nightline is based in a self-contained University-owned flat, so it is a safe and comfortable space and is there is an opportunity to sleep, work or watch TV during a shift.
- Volunteers must be willing to respect confidentiality and anonymity at all times.
- Volunteers must be willing to work as part of a team and allow themselves the opportunity to build valuable inter-personal skills such as listening and communication and further skills if they decide to join the Nightline committee.
Experience is not necessary but volunteers must be registered students at Glasgow University. If you are interested in getting involved with Nightline then please go to https://volunteer.src.gla.ac.uk to apply.